Real talk: Even if you are on the best treatment plan in the world, to get sustainable results we’ve got to master the basics too! Remember, we can’t out-supplement chronic stress or poor lifestyle choices.
1. Drink water
- Aim for at least 1.5L of water per day 2 Get a good water filter/purifier
- If you’re thirsty, you’re already dehydrated. Continually sip water throughout the day, don’t wait until you are parched.
2. Move your body
(Move your body, but not too much)
Get some movement in daily, walking, weights, cardio, yoga. But on the flip side, you also need to remember that excessive exercise is a stressor on the body, and we don’t want to absolutely exhaust ourselves -especially if we are working through hormonal issues or fatigue.
3. Prioritise sleep
Sleep is just SO important for energy, mood & focus.
- 7-9 hours of quality sleep is important, to account for time getting to sleep and minor wake ups through the night, you may need to go to bed earlier than you think.
- Don’t work up until bed time, we need time to wind down. Try a digital detox for at least an hour before bed.
4. Make time to play
Why do we prioritise play for kids but not for adults? It’s CRUCIAL to spend time playing and doing things “just for fun”.
5. Morning sun & getting out in nature
Getting some morning sun on your skin is so great for mood & setting your circadian rhythm -helping you to have energy in the day when you need it.
Nothing beats getting our into nature to help you feel more connected and allow you to destress. After all, we are just a tiny speck flying around in the universe, maybe our problems & stressors don’t deserve as much mental real estate as we think they do…
6. Turning inward & looking after yourself
- Journalling -get all your thoughts down on paper.
- Getting clear on your goals & what you really want (from day, your week, your year, your life… -What does your ideal life look like?) Time alone. We all need time alone and if you don’t think you do then you probably need it the most!
- Learning to say no without guilt
- Take time off when you need it -burnout won’t help anyone…
- Pampering self (bubble bath & painting nails anyone?)
- Get some outside support from a therapist, masseuse, osteopath, acupuncturist etc. Money spent on self care is NEVER a waste.
7. Eat REAL foods
- Eat more foods that come from a farm (aka. less processed foods)
- More veggies
- More leafy greens & green vegetables
- Make sure you are eating enough protein
- Create a calm atmosphere to eat in (don’t eat and work)
- If you want to occasionally eat something “bad”, make sure to ENJOY it!
Take stock on how your relationships feel to you and how you show up in them. Which relationships give you energy and which ones drain you? Spend more time with those you feel comfortable and free around.
Hi! I'm Emalyse.
I adore everything to do with herbs, health and wellness and am on a constant quest to find more ways to support myself and others to become a glowing beacon of health -and not just for our bodies, but our minds, spirit, emotions and relationships too!
My happiest days are spent helping clients imrprove their health through a mix of holistic traditional medicine and the latest scientific research & functional testing. I like to blend the best of both worlds, and share my years of knowledge with you in the process.
Welcome toThe BlogHow can a naturopath help you with anxiety? That’s a good question, I’m glad you asked! Firstly, as a naturopath I have a whole dispensary of herbs, supplements and compounding nutrients at the ready to support your nervous system and tone down...
Welcome toThe BlogPyrol-what-eeya? It certainly is a bit of a mouthful. Pyroluria goes by a few names including Kryptopyrroles, Mauve Factor & Pyrrole Disorder, but you can call it Pyrroles to keep it easier. Pyrroles is quite common, it is thought that 1 in 10...
Welcome toThe BlogCoffee and anxiety, is there a link? From my research and personal experience, I would have to say an overwhelming YES! Anxiety is a condition I treat a lot in my clinic, and one of the first things I do with anxious patients is ask them about their...
Snooze Lab ebook
7 Day Health Reboot Challenge
My Top 10 List of
grab a freebie!
Grab yourself some freebies to level up your health game.