Being a naturopath, I’m no stranger to a big collection of herbs and supplements -it’s my jam! But lately, I’ve been on the hunt for finding more fun and novel ways to take natural medicines, instead of the ol’ capsule or tablet forms. I’m here to show you one of my latest creations that will have you counting down the hours until supplement o’clock. This drink is something I love to have in the afternoon, after a long day at work as magnesium helps us to wind down, relax and even sleep better.
Magnesium is so important for the relaxation of the body and mind. Personally, I think everyone could do with a bit more magnesium, but it’s especially important for anyone who is going through stress or doing a lot of physical activity. And because magnesium is so depleted in the soil, it’s hard for us to get enough magnesium through diet alone -so this is a mineral I regularly recommend for clients to supplement.
Here we go:
- 2 teaspoons of plain MAG365 Magnesium powder (or plain magnesium of your choice)
- 20-30mls of Hot water (The rest of the ingredients you can alter to taste/preference)
- Lemon juice, you can use ½ a fresh lemon or organic juice from a bottle
- Rose Water (depending on its strength you may only need a few drops)
- ¼ teaspoon of beetroot powder
- Stevia Drops (optional)
- Mineral water
- Rose petals
1. If using MAG365: Let some freshly boiled water cool for a few minutes before pouring 20-30mls into a glass. Add 2 teaspoons of the magnesium and watch it fizz, then stir until dissolved. If you are using a different brand of magnesium, follow the directions on the label and then continue on with the recipe.
2. Add in Lemon juice.
3. Add in some rose water. The rose water I have is very strong, so I only need 4 drops.
4. Add in ¼ teaspoon of beetroot powder for its colour- you can experiment with the amount for your perfect shade of pink.
5. Add a little squeeze of stevia if you fancy a sweeter drink, I sometimes use Raspberry Lemonade flavoured stevia drops.
6. Give it a good stir then fill up the rest of the glass with sparkling mineral water.
7. Top with edible rose petals for an extra special touch and enjoy!
Hi! I'm Emalyse.
I adore everything to do with herbs, health and wellness and am on a constant quest to find more ways to support myself and others to become a glowing beacon of health -and not just for our bodies, but our minds, spirit, emotions and relationships too!
My happiest days are spent helping clients imrprove their health through a mix of holistic traditional medicine and the latest scientific research & functional testing. I like to blend the best of both worlds, and share my years of knowledge with you in the process.
Welcome toThe KitchenIngredients: 1/3 cup Maca 1/2 cup Chia Seeds 1/4 cup Cacao Nibs 1/3 cup Protein Powder (your choice which type) 1/2 cup Oats 1/2 cup Rice Malt Syrup 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (or any nut butter) 1/2 cup Walnuts 1/2 cup of Hot Water 1/2 cup of...
The KitchenIngredients: 125g crushed walnuts 125g unsalted butter 100g dark chocolate 2 tablespoons of coconut oil 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup 3 small eggs 1 teaspoon of vanilla 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon of salt 1 ripe banana 1/4 cup of gluten-free...
The KitchenSo I have found my new favourite thing to do: make gorgeous healthful smoothies out of freshly foraged herbs -what a dream! I’m currently in Scotland, helping to set up a health retreat on a magical property full of nature, creeks, forest and fields of wild...
Snooze Lab ebook
7 Day Health Reboot Challenge
My Top 10 List of
grab a freebie!
Grab yourself some freebies to level up your health game.