Being a naturopath, I’m no stranger to a big collection of herbs and supplements -it’s my jam! But lately, I’ve been on the hunt for finding more fun and novel ways to take natural medicines, instead of the ol’ capsule or tablet forms. I’m here to show you one of my latest creations that will have you counting down the hours until supplement o’clock. This drink is something I love to have in the afternoon, after a long day at work as magnesium helps us to wind down, relax and even sleep better.
Magnesium is so important for the relaxation of the body and mind. Personally, I think everyone could do with a bit more magnesium, but it’s especially important for anyone who is going through stress or doing a lot of physical activity. And because magnesium is so depleted in the soil, it’s hard for us to get enough magnesium through diet alone -so this is a mineral I regularly recommend for clients to supplement.
Here we go:
- 2 teaspoons of plain MAG365 Magnesium powder (or plain magnesium of your choice)
- 20-30mls of Hot water (The rest of the ingredients you can alter to taste/preference)
- Lemon juice, you can use ½ a fresh lemon or organic juice from a bottle
- Rose Water (depending on its strength you may only need a few drops)
- ¼ teaspoon of beetroot powder
- Stevia Drops (optional)
- Mineral water
- Rose petals
1. If using MAG365: Let some freshly boiled water cool for a few minutes before pouring 20-30mls into a glass. Add 2 teaspoons of the magnesium and watch it fizz, then stir until dissolved. If you are using a different brand of magnesium, follow the directions on the label and then continue on with the recipe.
2. Add in Lemon juice.
3. Add in some rose water. The rose water I have is very strong, so I only need 4 drops.
4. Add in ¼ teaspoon of beetroot powder for its colour- you can experiment with the amount for your perfect shade of pink.
5. Add a little squeeze of stevia if you fancy a sweeter drink, I sometimes use Raspberry Lemonade flavoured stevia drops.
6. Give it a good stir then fill up the rest of the glass with sparkling mineral water.
7. Top with edible rose petals for an extra special touch and enjoy!
Hi! I'm Emalyse.
I adore everything to do with herbs, health and wellness and am on a constant quest to find more ways to support myself and others to become a glowing beacon of health -and not just for our bodies, but our minds, spirit, emotions and relationships too!
My happiest days are spent out in the sunshine, working on a creative project, going on adventures or learning more about traditional medicines from around the world. And of course, sharing my knowledge with YOU!
I’m glad you’re here.
Welcome toThe KitchenThese kale chips are so easy to make, guilt-free and incredibly tasty.I use my secret ingredient here, nutritional yeast, to add a cheesy flavour and deliver a boost of vitamin B. Ingredients: 1 bunch of curly kale 1/2 cup of Olive oil or melted...
Welcome toThe KitchenWhile looking out the rain-dotted window this morning, I felt like it was a breakfast in bed kind of day. And what better breakfast indulgence is there than pancakes! But I’m going to show you some seriously GF pancakes (guilt-free AND...
Welcome toThe KitchenThere’s nothing I like more than collecting and using foraged ‘weeds’ in cooking. The inspiration for this little number came while a friend and I were strolling around the English countryside, thinking of all the ways we could use all these...
Snooze Lab ebook
7 Day Health Reboot Challenge
My Top 10 List of
grab a freebie!
Grab yourself some freebies to level up your health game.